Are you struggling with damp on your walls? Damp conditions make a beautiful home unpleasant. Damp problems show up when cooking or drying laundry. During these activities, moisture is generated as water vapor condenses creating a bad musty smell. When the proper action is not taken, molds start growing on walls and pose a high risk of respiratory disorders. Nothing solves this problem better than a whole house dehumidifier.
What is a whole house Dehumidifier?
A whole house dehumidifier works with your heating and cooling system to remove moisture from indoor air to the required healthy level. Since it is a large device, you do not need to buy portable ones, saving you the trouble of emptying trays. Also, they more efficient than portable ones at reducing operating costs.
How does a whole house dehumidifier work?
Whole house dehumidifiers are designed to work with heating and conditioning system in every home by drawing air via the return ductwork. Since the air drawn is warm and moist, it condenses on the cooling unit of the system forming water droplets. The liquid water formed collects in the pan to be drained. The dry air is remaining after condensation is warmed on the coils and brought back into the house with the desired temperature.
Why install whole house dehumidifiers?
Whole house dehumidifiers can be fixed in both new and old homes. Unlike portable ones, they can regulate the amount of humidity in the entire house. Also, they have the following benefits:
- Dehumidifiers function well with ACs enabling them to use less energy to cool dry air saving you hundreds if not thousands of dollars.
- With whole-house dehumidifiers, you can set your thermostat 1-2 degrees higher to enjoy dry air at low cooling costs.
- Keeping indoor humidity between 30% and 60% reduces the chances of dangerous molds from developing in your home.
- Regulated humidity prevents dust mite infestation.
- Low humidity prevents allergens from thriving protecting allergic and asthmatic people in your home.
- They need less maintenance as compared to portable dehumidifiers.