It is a really good idea to get your furnace ready before the cold weather hits. You will want to get ready early. Early preparation will be to the key to comfort for the cold season.
The proper maintaining of your furnace will not be a time consuming process. It is an excellent idea to check over your furnace prior to the cold season. If you are not comfortable maintaining your furnace, it will be a good idea to have a professional maintain it for you.
Tips for Furnace Preparation
The following are some helpful furnace tips that will ensure that your furnace will run efficiently for the entire cold season. These tips will be beneficial to have your furnace running in the peak condition and provide you with the maximum efficiency.
1. open all of the air vents on your furnace. You will want to ensure that the entire area is free from clutter. There should not be any items getting in the way of the air flowing from the vents.
2. it is a good idea to replace the air filter in your furnace.
3. make sure that the thermostat is in good working order. If your thermostat is older, you may want to consider updating it. A set-back thermostat may be automatically turned down to save on your energy bill. It may be turned down while you are sleeping or not home.
4. make sure that you clean and check the furnace burners prior to the cold season. You will want to make sure that this is free from dust and debris. While you are cleaning it will be a good idea to check for any rust and misalignment.
5. the chimney should be checked over for obstructions. This may include debris or bird nests. You will want to ensure that there is not any buildup of soot. This will eliminate a fire hazard.
6. make certain that your overall heating system is working efficiently. The furnace blower may need to be oiled. Each and every component of your system ought to be in good working order and clean.
7. schedule an appointment early in the season for a professional to clean your furnace. A professional service will save you money in the long run by completing a complete cleaning. Setting up your appointment early will ensure that it will be done prior to the cold season.
Lower bills with a new furnace in your San Antonio home. Call Rosenberg Indoor Comfort at (210) 987-5587 today for installation!