No one likes to think about the end of their AC unit’s life. So don’t! There’s no reason you’re your machine can’t stay with you for many, many years to come. Keeping your AC unit around is easier than you think. At Rosenberg Indoor Comfort, we sell you products that are guaranteed to last. Still, there are a few easy ways to make sure everything stays running well. Here are 5 simple tips on how to extend the life of your AC unit:
1) Got a lot of stuff hanging around your condenser? Clear all of that away! Keeping too much stuff around your condenser can cause its functions to become restricted which is never good. Make sure to keep your bushes trimmed and debris cleared out around your condenser as a way to add a few more years to your air conditioning unit’s life.
2) Try to keep your AC unit out of direct sunlight. Doing so can make sure that it stays cool and doesn’t overheat. Think about planting some trees near your air conditioning unit in order to keep it in the shade— maybe even a palm tree, for a tropical feel.
3) Clean your AC unit regularly. Leaving the unit dirty can cause dirt and grime to get into its systems and gum up the works. That could affect your air conditioning unit’s ability to provide you cool, clean air. Use a hose and a broom to clear away leaves and other debris.
4) Make sure that you change your air filters. How often depends on the type of filter you’re using. Even more expensive high-efficiency filters need to be replaced eventually. Unclean filters will allow pollutants like dust and pollen to get into your home and nobody likes pollutant-filled air.
5) Lastly, and most importantly, schedule regular AC maintenance visits from the friendly technicians at Rosenberg Indoor Comfort. AC maintenance and repair are the best way to ensure a healthy air conditioning unit. We’re here to make sure that you get to keep your AC unit for a long, long time. Contact us today!